So the trial of working from home transitioned to working from home full-time. I won’t lie, it’s AWESOME! I’m still finding the balance. I miss seeing my work friends everyday and I miss wearing all my cute clothes but dressing up to stay home seems borderline Kardashian so… and we need to get on a different dog walking schedule than EVERYONE else in the neighborhood (my dogs don’t love their own kind — Melvin is more tolerant, Jake foams at the mouth).
The biggest plus to me working from home, the dogs have a new-found calmness. It’s hard to explain. They are just more relaxed, Melvin has even stopped barking at every fake noise. Also, they have both loosened their velcro grip on me. They have ascertained that there is no exit out of the office (I’m not a climb-out-of-the-window kind of girl). One way in, one way out. So they allow a little space every now and then. Sometimes, not always, but every once in a while, I even get to go the bathroom alone. Who knew how delightful privacy could be!
So I’m home more now. The boys are doing great. Seems like a good time to try new things!
- I want to get the boys to the beach/beach house. This requires a 7-hour road trip with two dogs. Totally doable. I think.
- Take the boys for more separate walks. Don’t get me wrong, our together walks are awesome but I want to take some time out for each dog since they have different walking needs. I miss my walks with Melvin and I want Jake to feel like he is not being rushed. It will also be good practice for them to get used to being left at home without the other for a little while.
- Get Jake’s wheels. He doesn’t need them all the time but it will be good to get him used to them slowly for a time when he does.
- Volunteering. Animals, humans, yes please.
- Fostering. There will never be a better time than right now when I can be home more often and have time to work on the foster and on getting the boys used to four-legged (or tripod!) visitors. I should set the expectation here: I fully expect to foster-fail (in the good way).
- That’s it, geeze I do still have to work also!
What are some of your upcoming goals?