Doug is the first dog where I don’t know their actual birthday. The vet and I chose December 1st and that means today he is one! I have never said the words today my dog is one because he is still (by two years) the youngest dog I’ve ever had!
Doug, I don’t know the circumstances of why you were homeless but I know the reason why you were found, to be loved by me forever. In addition to turning one, today also marks three months that you have been here!
Here are some last three-month takeaways (since there are no are turning one takeaways yet!)…
- We have walked more in the past three months than I have perhaps walked in the past three years.
- There have been some tears (by me) from you wanting to eat my feet. I actually googled ‘cute steel toe shoes’ at one point.
- There have been accomplishments, as you have proven to be extremely smart and have done awesome with training.
- There has been some frustration, because you are a puppy and well I don’t like my hair chewed.
- Mostly, there has been a lot of love. I actually know the exact moment that your face relaxed and you knew I was your forever. You are home.
I imagine the past three months for you have looked a bit different…
- Why is this woman putting me in her car? Must run zoomies ASAP.
- Who’s Jake and why is she crying again? Zoomies will help.
- Her feet are delicious, whoa wait, why can’t I eat them? Run zoomies then try to eat feet again.
- Have I always been here? Never enough zoomies.
- Stop, zoomie time!
Happy birthday monkey, I love you and all your cray!
The first photo I saw of you:
And your now forever: