Hey Doug, over here, it’s me, Jake. What do you mean, who? No you didn’t just ask that. I’m your little-big brother. The one who left their scent up all over in that house. Yeah, you got it, that’s me bro. I left those scents for the next dog, since I mean you’ve met her, we all knew there would be more dogs. She’s gotta put that love somewhere, ya know.
Anyway…I’m keeping an eye on you. In a are-you-worthy sorta way but also in a what-the-heck-is-he-thinking-gotta-guide-this-dude way too. I’m pretty much the only one that can keep an eye on you since you move so fast, it requires eyes that can go in two different directions.
Some observations, if I may (oh I may cause I’m the new damn boss of you)…
- Why are you such a spaz? I mean Melvin and Max and I laugh sometimes cause you cray bro, but then other times we are like MOM, WATCH OUT, DOUG IS GONNA LAND ON YOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU. And then, you land on her. She bruises easily, treat her gently. Trust me, there will come a time when she has to carry you and she will do it with so much love that you will melt into her. I miss those moments with her. So this is my way of saying, if I can’t be there, you need to be really good to her.
- I saw that dog attack you Sunday. First off, let me say, that girl had some killer moves! I was really impressed with how she flew through the air towards you. I mean in a lot of ways, that dog is me! But then you didn’t like it as much Melvin used to love when I chewed his face and then the brothers up here reminded me that we are on your side (ugh, sides are so boring) so then I felt bad that you were bleeding, I’m supposed to tell you, don’t be like me. Don’t go changing and start to dislike other dogs (I’m reading from a script cause I don’t actually believe all this but…), you are more like Melvin and Max. You’re nice (hey who wrote this? I’m nice. Ok, ok, I’m not the nicest of the four of us. Fine). Just stay you. She will want other dogs and well…just let her have her way. Ok?
- About your sleeping style, what the BLEEP are you thinking? Why are you sleeping above her head like that? I mean in the middle of the night you stretch and your feet land on her face. You are not a hat. You are a dog. Sleep normal. Melvin says you gotta move down and snuggle in. Trust us dude, we know what we are talking about. MOVE DOWN (and hold off on meatball production when you are in the bed, when possible).
- Dog bed destruction. Stop. Just stop. She bought me 19 beds and there are like 2 left and we get it, you don’t do sentimental but she wants those beds to be passed down. Let her pass down the damn beds. She does not ask for much. I mean it, I will come back and haunt you… OK. OK. I’m being told to calm down. Sorry (not sorry) about my tone.
- Last piece of advice (for now), chase all the squirrels, chipmunks, bunnies, frogs and birds that you can bro! Life is short, hunt!
I’m sorry we can’t be there with you. Trust us, there is no where on earth we would rather be than there, with her (and you). But we see potential in you bro. I for one love the noises you make and your snoring game is strong! I also really appreciate the ‘accidents’ you have had in the house, she has so many pee products, am I right bro?! We took bets on whose Kongs would fit best in your mouth, I thought it would be mine but Melvin won that bet. You are a lot like Melvin, I bet you smell delicious. Melvin guides you the most, but I like to chime in too. You are a lot like me in some ways, in the ways that probably drive her a little bonkers. I get you bro. I’ve been where you are, new, spunky,
making sweet love to the rug running zoomies like a wild banshee. We don’t want you to change, we just want to make sure you get some guidance. She’s like the best thing that ever happened to us and well, we watch over her day and night and so we are here for you too. We’ll do our best to help you make good decisions. Don’t you love it when she says that to ‘make good decisions’. She is so funny.
I miss her so much.
Lastly… when her eyes leak and she says my name, MOVE OVER CHUMP cause I’m right next to her trying to make her feel me there and you usually sit right on top of me. Yeah that’s right, I’m that cramp in your leg! Watch it!
Love, Googly eyes always watchin you. I’m like Santa.
PS. This is a new thing we will do from time to time. Letters from Heaven. xoxo
Oh. My. God! You have left me bawling like a baby. I mean ugly crying here. If I miss your boys as much as I do, my heart hurts for you missing them. Doug is yet one more in a line of very lucky dogs. I can’t wait to see who joins you two.
You are seriously the sweetest! Sorry we made you cry!
I love this immensely ❤️.
Me too. xoxo
Oh my lord Tracey, you have left me crying like a baby sitting in the doctors office…..I miss them so much! Have a great weeekend and stay wonderful! Doug is so lucky to have you
Sorry we made you cry! Hope your appt was otherwise good!
Just WOW! <3
AHHHHH I LOVE IT! That is totally JAKEY!!!! sending love to you and above!
I def channeled Jakey on this one!
Darn these allergies.
They get me too!
All the feels. Love. This. So. Much.
Just glad I didn’t read this at work! I’m not a pretty crier.
Join the club! I get red and blotchy and there is no hiding it!
What an awesome post xoxo
Awwww, thank you!
Bittersweet post! I am sure Jake and Melvin are both looking after little Doug.
I think so! Thanks, Sharon!
Love, love, love, love, love!