Melvin is feeling better. He’s still slow and not easy to motivate but I can tell he is perking back up. No more seizures and his stomach seems to be tolerating food better, although he continues to have the shoestring drool that indicates he’s still nauseous. We are now just waiting for a plan to get in and see an internal medicine specialist and a neurologist.
In the meantime, I’m flashing back to the six hours we spent at the ER on Saturday. Here are some favorites…
- Vet Tech: His face looks a little emaciated compared to his body, do you see that? Me: I love his face!
- Vet: Is he more yellow than usual? Me: He’s pure pink, I don’t see anything but pink. Oh, wait, I see some red on top of the pink.
- Vet: Here is the estimate for what we want to… Me: Do it. Whatever he needs, do it.
- Vet: The only thing we didn’t do was an x-ray… Me: Do it, otherwise I will worry all weekend that we missed something that the x-ray would have shown.
- Vet: Can you hold him while I listen to his lungs. Me: I can try, but I am not very good at this. Vet: No, no you’re not.
Emaciated or not, I LOVE THIS FACE!