Sorry for the lack of updates — last week stunk!
- Jake’s eye is not healing as fast as they’d like. At the appointment on Thursday they said it might always stay like this — like raw hamburger meat slapped across his eyeball.
- His eye drops were supposed to get cut back but they did not, so I’m still relying on a spreadsheet. Ironically, Jake’s eyes do not produce tears but mine produce plenty!
- He is still in the cone. We are going on week four. To help protect his neck I cut up a pair of yoga pants and made liners for under his neck. It works great although I should not have used black pants — it makes him look like he is in ISIS.
- Then Jake had a bad reaction to his pain meds but we got that switched up
- AND his ear infection refuses to heal so we are trying a new set of drops for that.
He’s definitely my dog.
My mom had (planned) surgery, she’s doing good. Then I got a two-day migraine. That gets your caught up!
On a completely unrelated note to any of the above. I have a really big SUV. I actually ordered it for Melvin (because my last SUV was too small for him, it was too tight for him to jump into and he didn’t fit in any of the seats (with Jake) or in the back with the seats folded down -he had to hunch over). Melvin died one week before it came in. The universe writes strange poetry. Anyway, there is a big SUV parked in the driveway so I like to be a bit balanced on the green front. I’m constantly looking for ways to tip that balance. Last week I realized that our biggest crime against the environment might not even be the gas guzzler (especially since I work from home), it is likely Jake’s maxi-pad
addiction count for his diapers. I mean between the giant SUV and my male dogs maxi-pads, well if fire winds start blowing, you can blame us.
So we are TRYING cloth diaper pads. I don’t have kids so I had no idea what options were out there but Amazon knows everything and they served up some charcoal, anti-bacterial pads that claim they can handle a lot of liquid and keep skin dry so we shall see. They are like a giant pad, there is no adhesive so I just place one inside our awesome belly bands and velcro tight. I wash so many loads of laundry for Jake every day (bedding, diapers, blankets) that I cannot imagine these will make a difference in that respect. We shall see.
So you are all caught up! My new full time job is eye drops, Jake dresses like a terrorist, cloth diapers make their debut. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday so far! We’ll be picking our August Melvin’s Project Joy winner this week – yay!!!!
Cloth diaper liner. A drawing of Jake from the talented Carly! He even has his diaper on! It’s like his body is trying to distance itself from the pee and his eyes! Off to the vet with hamburger eye, it’s what’s we do! (PS. he is locked into the seatbelt clip — safety always!) Jake? Are you wearing a black hood?