I started this blog, eight years ago today. It began as a way to chronicle life with the world’s most allergic dog. But it quickly turned into a blog about US. The definition of ‘us’ has grown, but the focus has pretty much stayed on our journey to joy.
The me that started this blog, has changed more than I ever thought I would or could. Eight years ago me had no idea what was to come. I didn’t know that three dogs (and cat) would drive my evolution.
Eight years ago, Melvin was six and it was just him and me.
I didn’t know back then…
- that Melvin would teach me how deep love can go
- that the vet would become a weekly destination
- that Melvin would lose his tail
- that I would have one of the most bonded pairs ever
- that I would have a googly-eyed, cart dog
- that I wasn’t meant to see Melvin grow old. Or Jake
- that I would lose Melvin so quickly
- that grief would break me. Twice in one year
- that Melvin would become a part of me, his heart guiding mine
- that my hands would always reach to care for Jake, even years after he was gone
- that love could live on so beautifully, as if it was always meant to be
- that joy would be my guiding light
- that a pit bull named Doug, would save me
I also didn’t know that so many glorious and thoughtful people would love us and lift us up for so long! Thank you for following along with us. I know I don’t post as often. I want to, I promise! Doug has had some health issues and anxiety the past few months but we are turning a corner and I will be back to share that with you. We are over on Instagram stories almost daily if you want to get your Doug fix over there too (@DougHolupka.for.president).
I love this blog. I love its readers. I wholeheartedly love the dogs that have inspired each and every word, laugh, and tear. My heart will always be full because of them and you.
I love the love you have for your pets. I really love the pictures you shared. I can see the love looking back at you. Hugs.
Day made. Thank you, Sandra! xoxo
All of those wonderful memories, thank you for continuing to share them. I love seeing photos of your handsome boys and I hope that Doug’s health issues take a break soon 🙂
Thank you! I def think we are on the right road for Doug!
Very happy to see a new post from you, was worried and hoping it wasn’t health issues for you or Doug. The pictures are great. And yes…it is funny to look back over 8 years and see all the changes. Thank you for sharing your life with your pets with us. You have created a great blog, and I always love reading your post and your perspective on life with your posse!
Eight years can be a blink and a lifetime all at once! xoxo
I love these pictures. And I miss Melvin and Jake 😪
Me too!!! ❤️🌈❤️